Frequently Asked Question
Why should I release my music on the Free To Use Music record label?
There are many benefits when releasing your music through our record label. We’ve listed some of them below.
- We take care of releasing your music on all the major music stores and streaming services together with one of the best music distributors out there today.
- We promote your music on the Free To Use platform with more than 10.000 daily users and on our YouTube channel No Copyright Background Music with +600.000 subscribers.
- We handle all copyright management for your music. We know how to both prevent and resolve all kinds of issues if someone is trying to steal your music.
- We sell your music on our shop to people who want to use your music without including attribution or to companies who want to use it for commercial purposes.
When releasing your music on the Free To Use Music record label you agree to give content creators permission to use your music for free in their personal user-generated content on various media platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Twitch, TikTok, and Facebook.
There are two main reasons why artists choose to release their music as “free to use” together with us.
1) They want to grow their audience/following on social media.
2) They want to generate a great passive income (we have many artists earning +1000 USD from their music every single month).
Let us explain how we’re able to help you achieve both.
First, when artists get their music released on the Free To Use Music record label it is immediately listened to by tens of thousands of content creators looking for music for their own videos. When these content creators use your music in their videos, then all of their combined millions of followers will get to listen to your music (yes we do have a lot of subscribers who are content creators with more than a million subscribers on their own YouTube channels). We have seen this happen a lot of times where music tracks released on our record label have blown up because they have been used by popular content creators in their videos.
Second, we have a unique YouTube Content ID system in place which allows us to copyright claim people’s videos on YouTube if they haven’t correctly attributed the artist. More than 75% of creators using our music do not correctly attribute the artists, and therefore we’re able to generate large streams of revenue from this system by copyright claiming and collecting ad revenue from MILLIONS of YouTube videos. This revenue stream by far exceeds all other revenue streams such royalties from streaming services or sales of licenses – read more about it in this article.
Speaking of selling licenses – we also have a clean and simple shop where we’ll be selling licenses to people who want to use your music without having to include attribution and/or for commercial purposes.
Apart from quickly growing your audience/following and earning a great passive income, then you should definitely also choose to release your music together with us because it’s super cool to help out creators and to see your music being used in all kinds of videos.